First off, Happy Halloween! Secondly, Happy Last Day of My Detox Series!
We’ve covered a lot of ground in the last month, and it’s been a pleasure to explore this topic with you. I’d love to hear what you thought in the comments. If you had a favorite post, or if there were aspects of detoxification that you thought I’d cover but I didn’t, please tell me about them!
I wanted to end today with a [very] quick wrap up of the key things I hope you take way from this series.
- Detoxification is a natural process that your body carries out on it’s own every day. Effectively “doing a detox” then, is all about making sure your body has the resources (nutrients, water, and rest) that it needs to carry out these processes effectively.
- Detoxification can be dangerous if you try to push too hard, too fast, are pregnant or nursing, or have other conditions which might be negatively impacted by certain types of detox.
- There are lots of safe, easy ways to help your body detox, but the absolute best for most people is to adopt a clean, nutrient-dense diet.
- The relationship between detoxification and weight loss is complex. If you’re struggling with healthy weight loss, consider seeing a professional to get help sorting out the underlying causes. (It will save you time and money in the long run!)
- Detoxing your life isn’t just about food; your environment, relationships, and lifestyle choices all matter as well!
I hope that you learned something useful in this series, and I look forward to providing more resources in the months to come that you can use to help you support your body’s efforts and ability to detox every day.